Education Grants open for all Itasca area students
January 5, 2015 by Blandin Foundation
You’ve heard it before, the routine interview question: “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” As you think about that question today, if the title “college graduate” is bouncing around in your head, then listen up! This is for you!
Whether you’re just about to graduate or took a few years off to work, Blandin Foundation Education Grants can help you get the training you need for the future you want. These grants are for every Itasca area student who wants a better future. You don’t have to be the top of your class, or an athlete, or on the yearbook staff.
By awarding $1,000 to $4,000 grants, Blandin Foundation Education Grants can help you “fill the gap” between the cost of your chosen school, and the amount you or your family can afford to pay. If you graduated from Bigfork, Blackduck, Bug-O-Nay-Ge-Shig, Deer River, Grand Rapids, Greenway, Hill City, Nashwauk-Keewatin, Northland, Northome, Northern Lights Community School, or a homeschooled student who would have graduated from one of these schools, you’re eligible to apply. And you can go to ANY accredited community college, certificate program, college or university in the United States!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start an online application. Visit www.blandinfoundation.org/educationgrants to link to our online application. HINT: The earlier in the year you do your taxes, the sooner your Education Grant application is complete.
- Fill our the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is important! It helps determine your financial need.
- Provide a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) to Blandin Foundation.
- If you make any corrections to your SAR, please send us a corrected copy.
- Send us your 2014 tax returns.
- Make sure you give the financial aid office at the school you plan to attend all the papers they need.
- Make the deadline – May 1.
That’s it folks! Click here for more, in-depth information about our Education Grants Program.
Visit Blandin Foundation
Receive Outposts E-News
Sign up to receive stories about innovation and leadership in rural Minnesota.