Spotlight on Student Success
February 7, 2012 by Blandin Foundation
A recent Growth & Justice report—“Whole Towns Coming Together for All Students”—shines the spotlight on rural and greater Minnesota communities that, through community engagement, have come together to find new ways for all students to succeed in the ever-changing economic and culturally diverse landscape.
Report author and Growth & Justice President Dane Smith profiles and analyzes different avenues for student achievement, whether it be a specific program or a comprehensive approach spanning from “cradle to career.”
Checkout the eight community models featured:
· Grand Marais: Cook County Higher Education
· Grand Rapids: Itasca Area Student Success Alliance
· St. Cloud: District 742 Student Success Campaign
· Willmar: West Central Integration Collaborative
· Northfield: Northfield TORCH
· Rochester: Integrated Science Education Outreach (InSciEd Out)
· Worthington: Nobles County Integration Collaborative
To learn more about the report, click here to watch an interview with report author and Growth & Justice President Dane Smith.
Visit Blandin Foundation
Receive Outposts E-News
Sign up to receive stories about innovation and leadership in rural Minnesota.